Location: Newport Beach, CA, USA
JUXT Interactive is an award-winning interactive design agency with offices in Newport Beach and San Francisco. With a commitment to human engagement, we partner with business leaders to design and develop groundbreaking, cross-platform solutions to meet the ever-increasing demands of the marketplace and digital culture. Our current client roster includes Cisco, Toyota, Scion, and Honda.
We are seeking a Motion Graphics Designer for our Newport Beach office to create concepts and animate 2D and 3D elements for interactive installations, web, and tablet based video projects. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of design and production experience with a minimum of 3 years as a Motion Graphic Designer. Core proficiencies include After Effects and Final Cut (or equivalent), as well as experience in audio tools like Logic Studio. Candidate must also have experience with 3D motion applications like Cinema 4D, Maya, or the like.
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize, scope, develop, and execute high-quality motion graphics for a broad range of digitally based projects. Along with astute design skills and an incredible eye for detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills are also paramount for success.
• Work as part of a team; follow instructions, collaborate with and support the Art Directors and Creative Directors on design, style frames, animation, and compositing
• Develop concepts individually, as well as in brainstorm environments
• Design and animate sophisticated multi-layered motion graphics
• Act as the resident 3D person; create 3D motion and stills for client project work as well as conceptual/experimental efforts
• Work effectively with the project management team and develop motion design solutions that clearly meet given briefs and/or company objectives – as well as timelines and budgets
• Create animation storyboards, animatics, and final motion designs
• Produce clean, layered, and labeled source files; deliver clearly named and optimally compressed final files
• Understand and apply current design trends
• Research stock photography, illustration, sound, and video-clips as needed
• Regularly update and manage JUXT Interactive’s reel
• Minimum of 5 years experience creating motion graphics for broadcast and/or web projects – including web application and creative advertising efforts (mobile, digital installation, experiential marketing, etc)
• Full expertise with After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proficiency in at least one core 3D package (such as Cinema 4D or Maya)
• Eye for great typography, design, and details
• Exceptional technical skills and knowledge of all aspects of motion graphics including rotoscoping, keying, tracking, and compositing are a must
• Keen understanding of technical aspects of video and audio compression, including codec and/or playback settings and standards for a variety of platforms and devices
• Knowledge of developing raster motion for Flash integration
• At least one industry award for your work
• Experience working on national brands
• Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Thrive in an environment being challenged by Creative Directors, Art Directors, Producers, Engineers, and Clients
• A positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
• Experience with Final Cut is a big plus
• Experience with audio creation, recording, and editing tools, such as Logic Studio, is also a big plus
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Design or other relevant major
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or those candidates eligible for a TN visa will be considered. JUXT Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Position is located in Newport Beach, California.
Send resume, with a link to your reel, in PDF format to email@example.com